Brand: HANS Performance Products
The Adjustable HANS Device is designed to convert quickly and easily from upright to layback seating. There are two methods for detaching the legs from the backboard, but the quickest and easiest (and least destructive) is to use this removal tool kit.
This is the same factory leg removal tool kit originally supplied with Adjustable HANS Devices. It includes a small (5/32") Allen key, a large (5/16") Allen key, and a special threaded Leg Removal Tool.
1. Remove the orange epaulet using the small (5/32") Allen key from this kit. This uncovers the main retaining screw.
2. Remove the main retaining screw using the large (5/16") Allen key from this kit.
3. Thread the removal tool from this kit into the leg. Use the large Allen key to tighten the tool about a quarter turn past finger-tight, and the leg splines will pop loose. Remove the tool and repeat on the other leg.
Leg installation instructions:
1. Align the mark on the back of the leg with the desired angle marking on the back of the collar and slide the leg onto the splines. Be sure that both legs are set to the same angle!
2. Install the main retaining screw using the large (5/16") Allen key. Tighten to a maximum of 10 lb-ft (1.4 kg-m), or 1/8 turn past fully seated.
3. Refit the orange epaulet and secure with the small retaining screw. Use the small (5/32") Allen key to tighten this screw just until fully seated.
With a little practice, you will be able to change the angle of the device in less than two minutes. What's your personal record?