Brand: Mylaps Sports Timing
|This item qualifies for FREE Shipping in the continental United States!|
AMB/MyLaps car Transponders are required by more and more auto racing clubs -- and with good reason! AMB transponders have proven their durability and accuracy in all kinds of racing from SCCA to IMSA and IndyCar. A unique* identification number encoded in each transponder is automatically transmitted to a receiving loop embedded in the track at the start/finish line. The X2 (red stripe) replaces the TranX260 used by SCCA, PCA, NASA, Midwestern Council, and others. This model is for auto racing. It is not for use on karts, motocross, or snowmobiles. It will work on road racing motorcycles (e.g., Superbikes).
The direct-power X2 unit can be mounted permanently to the car or to a quick-release bracket (included). Kit includes transponder, bracket, X2 RaceKey, RaceKey mount, mount-to-transponder cable, mount-to-power cable, and USB cord. The RaceKey is used to manage your susbscription, activate the transponder, and charge the transponder. This transponder includes a renewable 5-year subscription.
- Transponders must be mounted upright, no higher than 2 feet from the track surface (4 feet for bikes).
- The line of sight to the track must be unobstructed by metal or carbon fiber panels or tubes. Fiberglass and other composites do not completely block the signal, but they will weaken it substantially. A weak signal may be missed by the receiving loop.
- Some clubs specify the transponder mounting location -- check your rule book.
- The transponder number is printed directly on the unit. Write your transponder number in your vehicle logbook and it will always be handy!
- Connect the power cable to a 12 volt power supply that is on when the engine is on and off when the car is off. You will never forget to turn the transponder on.
- LEDs on the RaceKey indicate the transponder subscription status. Mount the RaceKey mount where it can be seen and easily accessed.
- The subscription can be renewed for 1, 2, or 5 years at a time.
- Renewing the subscription before it expires will also renew the factory warranty. If you let the subscription expire, you can renew the subscription but not the warranty.
The X2 Transponder requires a computer with a USB port and a software download (free) from MyLaps.com to activate and manage your subscription.
* How "unique"? MyLaps encodes each transponder with either a 7 digit number or a 9 digit number. Seven digits allows ten million different numbers. Nine digits allows a further one billion (with a "b") different numbers. You will NEVER find another MyLaps transponder with your number on it!