Brand: Mylaps Sports Timing
AMB/MyLaps Transponders are required by more and more karting clubs -- and with good reason! AMB transponders have proven their durability and accuracy in all kinds of racing from IKF to WKA. A unique* identification number encoded in each transponder is automatically transmitted to a receiving loop embedded in the track at the start/finish line. The X2 (yellow stripe) replaces the TranX160 used by IKF, WKA, and many local kart tracks.
The rechargeable kit includes the X2 transponder, quick-release mounting bracket, X2 RaceKey, and USB cord. The RaceKey is used to manage your susbscription, activate the transponder, and charge the transponder. This karting transponder includes a renewable 1-year subscription.
- Transponders must be mounted upright, no higher than 12 inches from the track surface.
- The line of sight to the track must be unobstructed by metal or carbon fiber panels or tubes. Fiberglass and other composites do not completely block the signal, but they will weaken it substantially. A weak signal may be missed by the receiving loop.
- Some clubs specify the transponder mounting location -- check your rule book.
- The transponder number is printed directly on the unit.
- The flashing LED indicates remaining run time. Each flash of green indicates one day of run time remaining. When the battery has less than one day left, the LED will flash red.
- The subscription can be renewed for 1, 2, or 5 years at a time.
- Renewing the subscription before it expires will also renew the factory warranty. If you let the subscription expire, you can renew the subscription but not the warranty.
- This unit is designed specifically for karting. It will not work on cars, motorcycles, or snowmobiles.
The X2 Transponder requires a computer with a USB port and a software download (free) from MyLaps.com to activate and manage your subscription.
* How "unique"? MyLaps encodes each transponder with either a 7 digit number or a 9 digit number. Seven digits allows ten million different numbers. Nine digits allows a further one billion (with a "b") different numbers. You will NEVER find another MyLaps transponder with your number on it!