These AN841-style aluminum hose fittings allow you to use standard female AN fittings with our Textile-Reinforced Blue Rubber Hose. Each hose end has a standard male AN fitting (SAE/JIS, 37° flare) at one end and a secure hose barb at the other. Conforms to SAE/JIS standards.
- Use Oetiker Clamps to secure the hose in place for pressurized applications.
- For maximum security, use 2 Oetiker clamps on each hose end. Rotate one clamp so the ears are clocked 90 degrees to the ears on the second clamp.
Installation Method 1 (The traditional way):
1. Clamp the hose end in a vise with soft jaws. To prevent damage to the male AN fitting, screw it into a female AN fitting first.
2. Lube the barb with clean motor oil.
3. Slide the Oetiker clamp(s) onto the hose.
4. Warm the end of the hose in boiling water for 5 to 10 seconds. This makes the rubber more pliable.
5. Slide the hose over the barbed fitting with a twisting motion.
6. Install Oetiker clamp(s).
Installation Method 2 (the modern way):
1. Use our Koul Tools EZ-ON Hose Press (Part No. 3330-001, sold separately).