This socket fitting does not have an internal valve. It will allow fluid to flow when connected to a 2000-series Jiffy-tite plug or when disconnected. The hose barb is sized to accept a standard 6AN rubber-lined stainless braided hose or Aeroquip Startlite (rubber lined, aramid braided) hose. It will not work with plain rubber hose or PTFE-lined hose.
The Jiffy-Tite 2000 series will flow 1.75 GPM with a 5psi inlet pressure through a mated pair of valved fittings attached to 3 feet of -6 hose (flow tests based on Stoddard solvent at 80°F.) The Jiffy-Tite 2000 Series Sockets will mate to any Jiffy-Tite 2000 Series Plug. They will not mate to the 3000 or 5000 series plugs.
Check out these features:
- Standard fluorcarbon seals are resistant to gas, oil, water and coolant. (They can also be special ordered with Buna seals for alcohol and methanol applications.)
- 100% leak tested.
- Patented design.
- Compact, yet feature high-flow capacity.
- Excellent wear resistance.
- Good-looking black and gold anodized finish.
- Completely rebuildable
- Durable 6061-T6 aluminum bodies and brass valves.
- 200 psi maximum operating pressure