Part No.: RL014-Viscosity-Quantity
Red Line Suspension Fluid
Red Line Suspension Fluids maintain a consistent viscosity as temperature rises, so their behavior is uniform and predictable. They have excellent resistance to foaming, and they can lower operating temperatures significantly compared to conventional oils.
The slippery synthetic base stocks reduce seal drag and "stiction", which means that all of the damper motion is controlled by the piston valving. Different weights can be mixed to create exactly the viscosity you need. These fluids are suitable for use in racing shocks and motorcycle forks.
- LikeWater (Clear) is approximately one-third the viscosity of a 5Wt fluid. Shocks may need to be revalved to suit the extremely low viscosity.
- ExtraLight (Blue) is equivalent to a 2.5Wt fluid. Recommended in re-valved Showa and Kayaba forks.
- LightWeight (Yellow) is a 5Wt fluid and is a close replacement for Penske Shock Oil.*
- Medium (Red) is equivalent to a 10Wt fluid. Excellent for twin-tube racing shocks (Carerra, QA1, Pro Shocks).
- HeavyWeight (Orange) is approximately a 30Wt fluid. Recommended for American V-Twin front forks and rear shocks.
*The original Penske Shock Oil is actually a 7 Wt, but these Red Line fluids allow the use of lighter viscosities without sacrificing the performance of a thicker fluid.
Click image for big picture