You can make your own professional-quality custom seat insert in your own garage! Creafoam bead seat kits are used by professional drivers in IndyCar, IMSA, Grand-Am, FIA/LeMans, and NASCAR. You can do it yourself with just a vacuum, a driver's seat, and a driver.
These kits are similar to other bead seat insert kits on the market (the basic component is a vacuum bag full of beads), but the beads in this kit are composed of single-impact Creafoam™, a material that provides far superior protection in the event of an impact. Unlike other beaded seat kits, the beads in this kit are not all the same size. Smaller beads in this kit fill the small gaps and voids left between the larger beads for a stronger finished seat insert. Each kit also includes more raw materials than most other kits -- and at a lower price!
Drastically Oversimplified Directions:
Mix the two-part resin (included) and add it to the bag of beads. Place the bag in the seat and have the driver sit against the bag. Pull the air out of the bag with your shop vacuum cleaner or a vacuum pump. After about 35 minutes, the driver can get out. Another 6 - 7 hours later, you have a fully cured seat. Click the link below for full step-by-step instructions.
Six sizes are available to cover all seat types. Choose a size based on the amount of room between the driver and the seat:
- Kart (5 Gallons, 24" x 36" bag) is designed for karting seats or small (lumbar) pads.
- Extra Small (5 Gallons, 48" x 60" bag) is for backrests or other partial pads in existing seat shells (sedan-type seats).
- Small (10 gallons, 48" x 60" bag) for is large drivers in small formula cars, or medium drivers in cars with existing seat shells or racing seats. If the seat already fits the driver, this kit will take up any gaps.
- Medium (15 gallons, 60" x 72" bag) is good for medium-to-small drivers in small formula cars and D Sports Racers (ideal for F1000).
- Large (25 gallons, 60" x 72" bag) is for medium drivers in cars with no seat shell, or smaller drivers in cars with large existing seat shells. This kit will take up a lot of extra room between the driver and the car.
- X-Large (30 gallons, 60" x 72" bag) is for all drivers in large cockpits with no seat shell. The full-length seat in the photo was made using an X-Large kit.
It is better to choose a kit that is too large than a kit that is too small. You can remove material to make a kit smaller, but you cannot add material to a kit that is too small.
Each kit includes the bag with Creafoam™ beads, resin, hardener, mixing pail, mixing stick, a roll of gaffer's tape, and full, simple instructions.
Creafoam Bead Seat Kit Instructions