Part No.: 4525-Size
Creafoam Bead Seat Kit
Our beaded seat is similar to other kits on the market (the basic component is a vacuum bag full of beads), but the beads in this kit are composed of single-impact Creafoam™, a material that provides far superior protection in the event of an impact. Unlike other beaded seat kits, the beads in this kit are not all the same size. Smaller beads in this kit fill the small gaps and voids left between the larger beads for a stronger finished seat insert. Each kit also includes more raw materials than most other kits -- and at a lower price! Used extensively by professional drivers in IndyCar, IMSA, Grand-Am, FIA/LeMans, and NASCAR.
Two-part resin (included) is mixed and added to the bag of beads. As the driver sits against the bag, the air is pulled out of the bag with your shop vacuum cleaner. The bag conforms to the shape of the driver, creating a custom-fitted insert.
Six sizes are available to cover all seat types. Choose a size based on the amount of room between the driver and the seat:
- Kart (5 Gallons, 24" x 36" bag) is designed for karting seats or small (lumbar) pads.
- Extra Small (5 Gallons, 48" x 60" bag) is for backrests or other partial pads in existing seat shells (sedan-type seats).
- Small (10 gallons, 48'' x 60" bag) for is larger drivers in small formula cars, or medium drivers in cars with existing seat shells or racing seats. If the seat already fits the driver, this kit will take up any gaps.
- Medium (15 gallons, 60" x 72" bag) is good for medium-to-small drivers in small formula cars and D Sports Racers (ideal for F1000).
- Large (25 gallons, 60" x 72" bag) is for medium drivers in cars with no seat shell, or smaller drivers in cars with large existing seat shells. This kit will take up a lot of extra room between the driver and the car.
- X-Large (30 gallons, 60" x 72" bag) is for all drivers in large cockpits with no seat shell. The full-length seat in the photo was made using an X-Large kit.
It is better to choose a kit that is too large than a kit that is too small. You can remove material to make a kit smaller, but you cannot add material to a kit that is too small.
Each kit includes the bag with Creafoam™ beads, resin, hardener, mixing pail, mixing stick, a roll of gaffer's tape, and full, simple instructions.
Creafoam Bead Seat Kit Instructions
Click image for big picture