Brand: Auto Meter Gauges
The Battery Extender from Auto Meter is designed to safely maintain 12 volt lead-acid batteries. The 3 amp charger fully charges any 12 volt lead-acid battery and maintains it at a proper storage voltage, avoiding the damaging sulfating effects of long-term storage. Proper use can actually extend the usable life of a battery that sees only occasional use.
The computer-controlled charger uses a five-step charging program:
- Verification verifies the battery status and proper hook-up for safety.
- Desulfation breaks down light sulfur build-up on the battery plates to extend service life.
- Bulk Charge raises the battery voltage with a steady current.
- Absorption raises the current available with a steady voltage.
- Maintain keeps the battery at a full charge and ready for use.
Works with any standard (flooded), AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat), or gel cell 12 volt lead-acid battery, including all of the lead-acid AGM racing batteries we sell. This 3 amp version is ideal for batteries larger than 18 amp-hour capacity. Simply connect your battery, plug in the Battery Extender, and select your battery type. Amber, Red, and Green LEDs indicate charging status. Includes alligator clamps and ring terminals with a quick-disconnect harness. Operates on 110-120VAC. Sealed to IP65 standards (splashed water but not immersion). 3 year factory warranty.
Not for use on dry-cell (lithium, LiFePO4, Ni-Cad, NiMh, etc) batteries.