AMB/MyLaps Tran X 260 Direct Powered Transponder
|This item qualifies for FREE Shipping in the continental United States!|
The AMB/MyLaps TranX260 Transponder is required by more and more racing clubs -- and with good reason! AMB transponders have proven their durability and accuracy in all kinds of racing from SCCA to IMSA and IndyCars. A unique* identification number encoded in each transponder is automatically transmitted to a receiving loop embedded in the track at the start/finish line. The direct-power transponder draws less than 12 mA at 12 VDC. 3 year factory warranty.
- Transponders must be mounted upright, no higher than 2 feet from the track surface.
- The line of sight to the track must be unobstructed by metal or carbon fiber panels or tubes. Fiberglass and other composites do not completely block the signal, but they will weaken it substantially. A weak signal may be missed by the receiving loop.
- Some clubs specify the transponder mounting location -- check your rule book.
- The transponder number is printed directly on the unit. Write your transponder number in your vehicle logbook and it will always be handy!
- Installation of the direct-power transponder is easy. Just connect the red wire to power (10 to 30 volts DC) and the black wire to ground.
- Controlling the transponder power by the vehicle ignition switch makes it impossible to forget to turn the transponder on or off. If the vehicle is running, you know the transponder is on!
* How "unique"? MyLaps encodes each transponder with either a 7 digit number or a 9 digit number. Seven digits allows ten million different numbers. Nine digits allows a further one billion (billion, with a "b") different numbers. You will NEVER find another MyLaps transponder with your number on it!
AMB / MyLaps Transponders and Accessories
Click image for big picture