HANS Devices, HANS III Series
The FIA-approved HANS III weighs less than both the original Sport and the lighter Sport II, yet still fits a club racer's budget. The distinctive open backboard brings the weight down even closer to the more expensive carbon-fiber Pro models.
Don't let the low weight and low price fool you. The HANS III provides the same protection that racers have come to expect from HANS Devices over the last 20+ years. The HANS III is an FIA 8858-2010 and SFI 38.1 approved FHR, legal for all forms of auto racing from SCCA to F1 (F1 requires Pro Post or M61 anchors).
We offer four different anchor options:
- Sliding (Vision Advantage Plus) tethers with SFI 38.1 and FIA 8858-2001 approved Sport Post Anchors (PA). Sport anchors are great for Club Racing.
- Sliding (Vision Advantage Plus) tethers with SFI 38.1 and FIA 8858-2010 approved Pro Post Anchors (PA). This is the most popular choice, suitable for all auto racing series including F1.
- Sliding (Vision Advantage Plus) tethers with SFI 38.1 and FIA 8858-2010 approved M61 quick-release anchors. Low-profile M61 anchors release the tether with a tug on a cord.
- Sliding (Vision Advantage Plus) tethers with SFI 38.1 approved Quick-Click Anchors (QC). QC anchors release the tether with a tug on a cord.
To determine the correct size, measure your neck and follow the chart below. Note that not all sizes are available in every model.
|Neck Size*||Up to 14"||12" to 15.5"||14" to 17"||16" to 20"|
|HANS Size||Super Small||Small||Medium||Large|
* Drivers with highly developed neck and trapezuis muscles may require one size larger than their neck size alone would indicate. Driver comfort is the deciding factor.
Recent Top Seller for this product group
Advanced molding techniques and a new design make the FIA- and SFI-approved HANS III lighter than Sport II. Quick-release QC anchors are SFI 38.1 approved.
|$399.00||Not In Stock|