Selecting Weather Pack Electrical Connector Parts
Each Weather Pack connection set requires the following parts:
- One Tower Body (Part No. 4185-001 through -005)
- One Shroud Body (Part No. 4185-011 through -015)
- Male Terminals (Part No. 4185-030 through -032), one for each pin in the Shroud Body
- Female Terminals (Part No. 4185-040 through -042), one for each pin in the Tower Body
- Terminal Seals (Part No. 4185-070 through -074), one for each Terminal used
First determine how many terminals are needed. Weather Pack connector bodies are available with 1, 2, 3, 4, or 6 terminals. For 5 terminals, use 6 terminal bodies with one Terminal Cavity Plug (Part No. 4185-090).
Next, determine the wire gauge you will use. The modular design of Weather-Pack connectors allows you to mix different wire sizes in one connector when necessary.
Now select Male and Female Terminals based on the wire gauge. Female Terminals are generally used in Tower Bodies and Male Terminals are generally used in Shroud Bodies.
|Terminal Selection||20-18 Gauge||16-14 Gauge||12-10 Gauge|
Finally, select the Terminal Seals based on the diameter of the wire insulation.
|Wire Gauge and Type
(Pegasus Part No.)
|22 Gauge GPT/GXL
20 Gauge TXL
22-20 Gauge ETFE (5006 & 5007)
|18-16 Gauge ETFE (5008 & 5009)||0.062-0.085||1.60-2.15||Purple||4185-071|
|20-18 Gauge SXL (4000-4006)
20-16 Gauge GPT/GXL
18-14 Gauge TXL
|16 Gauge SXL (4007)
14 Gauge GPT/GXL
12 Gauge TXL
|14-12 Gauge SXL (4008 & 4009)
12 Gauge GPT/GXL
10 Gauge TXL